Here are 6 tips I use to stay tidy and organised, sometimes I find it a bit of a struggle but these generally make my head feel a little clearer and make me feel ready to take on more!
- Spending 15 minutes in the morning to clear rubbish, put clothes away and generally tidy my room and space.
- One day a week I will fully clean my room. This is when I do all the actual cleaning like hoovering, dusting and polishing. I also clear out one section of my room by emptying it and putting it back again throwing away any rubbish or junk I don’t use.
- Throwing away holey clothes! So many socks and tops I manage to get holes in. Instead of putting them back in the wash and forgetting there’s a hole either fix it there and then or throw the item away if it’s not worth it!
- Cleaning digital clutter. Clearing reminders that have been complete, sorting your settings so that unwanted apps don’t notify you & clearing your notifications! This means deep cleaning your emails and messages, I’ve put my emails in folders so it’s easier for me to mange! I need to do this minimum once every 2 days to keep on top of it.
- Clearing my bag as soon as it becomes unmanageable. I am one of those people that shoves everything in my bag. At one point I think I had three books, two empty pencil cases and a load of other junk. I have put all the necessary junk into the pencil cases so they are sorted and tidy, and made use of the pockets in my bag. Filing receipts and bits of paper left in there will make a dramatic difference if your bag was as bad as mine 😬
- Command strips, oh my god I love these only bought them recently from the range. I have stuck some file/ magazine holders to the sides of my desk for extra storage for notebooks, so I have managed to free up two drawers in my storage so I can organise everything easier!These are the ones I used – Command Medium and Large Picture Hanging Strips Value Pack, 4 pairs medium, 8 pairs large
These are a few of my tips that I use regularly to stay organise and tidy! What are yours?